What an amazing journey this is. Biggie is incredible. There’s just not enough time for me to write about how unbelievably blessed we feel to have him in our life. He is nearly 4 months and is just the happiest little boy. He has a lot to say, so he continues to talk and coo (or “goo” in his case). The laughter is coming easier. I find that using a deep voice (imitating a man’s voice) tends to invoke fits of giggles. He has these big, beautiful deep brown eyes that are so curious, and so penetrating. When he is awake he is wide eyed, taking in his surroundings. When he is tired he is a snuggly little bug, settling in as tight as he can to my chest and neck. He has that sweet little baby smell to him; I just can’t get enough! It seems nearly every day he has a new trick up his sleeve, or he has mastered an old one. He loves batting at toys. When you put a little toy in his hand he holds it tightly, shaking it around with excitement. He can now roll off of his back onto his stomach. The books say that he shouldn’t be strong enough to do this trick for some time, apparently Biggie hasn’t read the baby books, because look out. If there is something he wants to see just out of arms reach he will roll right off of his back reaching for it. This skill is definitely not mastered. He ends up on his stomach with an arm successfully pinned underneath him (at which time he calls out for help!). Spit bubbles continue to be a fun trick. He is working hard on learning to blow raspberries, so the drool seems never ending. I tease that he is all boy because he burps loudly, grunts when he poops, and gathers toe lint at an unbelievable rate.
He is officially too big for the bassinet. He was starting to fuss upon waking (I think because he was so cramped in there), so we moved him to a “co-sleeper” that fits up against my side of the bed. He just seems too little to be in a whole other room at night. (Plus, I would have to get up a zillion times a night to feed him. This is so convenient because he is right next to me.) Once we put him in the co-sleeper it became obvious how cramped he probably was, because he moves all around this thing. He’ll even end up horizontal sometimes. He likes to sleep on his side (which is a new discovery with the co-sleeper). The first time I put him down on his back in the co-sleeper he started wiggling and grunting until he managed to get himself up on his side. The sleep was a little rough the first couple of nights with the new set up, but he’s starting to get used to it.
As you can tell, he's too big for it now!
This is the co-sleeper he's in now
I have officially survived 2 ½ days of work. I hate having to leave him, but as previously mentioned, I am only leaving him with his grandparents so I am clearly being irrational! The night before I go into work is hell. I can’t sleep, I just lay there and watch him breath. I’ll drift off and it will of course be time for him to eat again. He falls asleep nursing, and again, I just sit there holding him, smelling him, and softly kissing his pudgy little cheeks. I get out of bed at 4:30 to make sure I have more than enough time to shower and feed him before I leave. Mornings are the worst. I have this horrible knot in my stomach. If I tried to eat something I have no doubt it would come back up! I end up talking to Lisa on my way down to work. She completely understands, she is supportive, and yet more rational than me (in this situation only perhaps!), which makes me feel better. Once I’m at work and the day has started we are busy, busy, busy which is a saving grace. It goes fast. And then it’s done and I am home with him again. I honestly don’t think he knows I’m gone. At this point he is a basic needs kind of guy. He likes to eat, sleep and get plenty of attention. Grammy and Poppy do a great job of meeting all of these needs. He is happy as a clam while I’m away. I am the only one tortured by the absence, which gives me peace. I know that it will get better with time, or at least, this is what I tell myself.
We had our first trip to the Children’s Museum about a week ago. We met Melanie, Joe, Lisa and Taylor there. Bigs obviously spent the majority of the trip in the baby bijorn, but he seemed to enjoy it. He just watched all of the kids play, checked out some great lights and the bright colors. I did lay him down at one point by a mirror (he absolutely loves looking at the baby in the mirror…this is often how he turns off of his back…trying to get the mirror!), but he was too caught up in everything else to pay attention to it. Joey and Taylor are so much fun to watch. They play very differently, Joey was high speed, tearing it up and moving on. Taylor was slower and more thorough, enjoying each activity for the activity itself before moving on. They were quite a pair. It was a fun morning with two of my very best friends and three of the kiddos that I love most. Here are a few of the pics from that day.
We had our first trip to the Children’s Museum about a week ago. We met Melanie, Joe, Lisa and Taylor there. Bigs obviously spent the majority of the trip in the baby bijorn, but he seemed to enjoy it. He just watched all of the kids play, checked out some great lights and the bright colors. I did lay him down at one point by a mirror (he absolutely loves looking at the baby in the mirror…this is often how he turns off of his back…trying to get the mirror!), but he was too caught up in everything else to pay attention to it. Joey and Taylor are so much fun to watch. They play very differently, Joey was high speed, tearing it up and moving on. Taylor was slower and more thorough, enjoying each activity for the activity itself before moving on. They were quite a pair. It was a fun morning with two of my very best friends and three of the kiddos that I love most. Here are a few of the pics from that day.

2 comments:
Holy smokes, I feel like Adam has grown a foot since I saw him a week and a half ago! YIKES! He most definitely outgrew that bassinet, huh?!! What a cutie pie. I need to see him ASAP!
I still cannot believe I have never seen Adam in person!!! My last day of work is this Friday, so keep me updated on when you and Mel are hanging out and I will invite myself so I can see you and Adam. :)
Post a Comment