Thursday, February 12, 2009

Little Flirt

Tummy time
Biggie loves Cooper so much he wants to dress like him! Cooper
loves Biggie so much he likes to lick his face. What a pair!




Biggie is 14 weeks and counting. No big changes here. Settling into a bit more of a routine with two to three naps a day and lots of play time in between. He’s still eating every two hours around the clock and is growing bigger by the day. He is more and more interested in toys. He loves reaching for things, and when he gets a hold of something he holds on so tight his little knuckles will turn white! He loves toys that have faces and that make sounds. He also likes a few of his board books, so we read every day too. Just in the past week or so we have started giving him time in his jumperoo (a toy that he stands up in and can turn in a circle looking at different attachments). He is thrilled with it. It has lights on it, which are of course a favorite. I don’t think he has quite figured out that he is the one making it bounce, but he loves the movement and will squeal with delight when he really gets to bouncing. He is an expert at blowing spit bubbles, so he is nearly always in a bib (which stinks because they cover up his super cute outfits!). He has learned that he has separate fingers on his hand, so instead of cramming his whole fist in his mouth he will often just suck on a finger or two. The laughter is coming a bit more regularly…Jason is better at getting him into fits of the giggles than I am. It is so fun to watch the interaction between the two of them! He loves being held, and continues to be content when in our arms or in the bjorn. He is also turning into quite the little flirt, often raising his eyebrows and working his facial expressions when talking to you.
Hard to believe that I am going back to work this week. Just one day a week to start, and the thought of leaving him for 12 hours nearly makes me ill. I am pumping like crazy to ensure I leave endless amounts of milk for the hungry guy. He will be with my mom to start. Once I go back two days he will spend the other day/week with Sallie. Logically I know that we are so lucky to be in this situation. We are taking him to his grandparents house…spending so much time there will allow for a close relationship with them, which is so important to us. (That also means that we don’t have the worries that so many do with day cares these days.) I am so fortunate to be a nurse, which gives me the flexibility to work one or two days a week and be with Adam the rest of the time. Someone just please explain this to my heart. I don’t want to leave him. I want to hold him all day, kissing his neck rolls and blowing raspberries into his little round belly. I love the days of singing songs, playing with toys, and reading books. Work is going to be so, so hard on me.
Have I ever mentioned that he sticks his bottom lip out when he fusses…unbelievably adorable. Also, he has a birthmark on his right butt cheek. It showed up when he was a week or two old!


He is a true boob man. He continues to eat every two hours around the clock.

I love him in this crazy hooded outfit because the hood stands straight up! How cute.


More tummy time.

I love this little hat. I plan on stuffing his head in it as long as it will stretch!

No comments: