Things have been so busy around here that I recently exclaimed to Jason that I couldn’t believe I hadn’t recorded a single thing in Adam’s baby book. I said that I was worried I would start forgetting the details of the past weeks. That’s when J pointed out the beauty of a blog…here the details of our weeks are recorded. I’ve decided that I’m going to start looking at this as more of a journal…committing to weekly entries. Here I will take the time to record thoughts, feelings, and so many of the details of Adam’s growth and experiences.
Adam’s favorite tricks this week include blowing spit bubbles, sucking on his fists (he has officially found his hands), and rolling from his tummy to his back to get out of tummy time (I in no way think that this rolling is purposeful, or that he is setting some sort of record…I think that his little round belly allows for him to roll over with even the slightest momentum!!). The cooing and smiles continue with full conversations in his little baby language. J and I continue to work for the ever elusive laugh…he showed it off in full force last weekend, and now he’s keeping it from us despite all of our efforts.
We had Adam’s two month check up this week. As predicted, he’s a big boy. He weighed in at 13 lbs, 14 oz (95th percentile) and is 25 inches long (90th percentile). So, in the last month he has grown 2 inches and gained 3 pounds. Told you he likes to eat! He’s a healthy baby boy, perfect in every way. (Jason and I already knew that he was perfect, but it doesn’t hurt to hear it!) I can’t believe he’s already two months old. Time just goes so fast. He’s not the fragile little guy we brought home in November. He has the neck strength to look around the room, often either looking for the “best” lights (yes, the Christmas lights are still up, they’re just on the chairs), or following our voices if J or I are not in his line of vision. He also loves to look at Cooper…often talking and squealing to him in delight. I think he likes the contrast and shape of his spots. (He’s not so sure about those sloppy dog kisses though!) I am slowly putting away his 0-3 month outfits, especially those with feet. He’s getting so big so fast! His nicknames are “Biggsie,” “Bigs” and “Biggest,” clearly stemming from his size (it started out as “the biggest boy” and evolved from there). I wonder if the poor boy is going to know his actual name sometimes. He is still eating pretty much every two hours, even all through the night. No sleep for the hungry (or his momma). The pediatrician says we could easily continue this frequent eating pattern through age six months…should be interesting to go back to work on the 4 to 5 one to one and a half hour ‘naps’ I get at night. Although I wouldn’t mind a few consecutive hours of sleep, a part of me does love those night time feedings. He stops his fussing the minute he sees the boob, nearly falling to sleep as soon as he latches on. I love watching him nurse, his eyes closed. He grunts and squeaks with such contentment, resting his little hand on my chest. I knew it would be unbelievable to be a mom, and yet I had no idea. This journey is so amazing already, and it has only just begun.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment